Sunday, July 19, 2009

I've just returned from a week at the cottage and I find it amazing how much changes in the garden in a week. When you see it on a daily basis the changes are not as noticable, but after a week it's an entirely different garden.
(Click on pictures for a better look)
The front bed is in full bloom. Although it contains few unusual plants, I still like it.






Clerodendron is getting ready to bloom.





Magnolia Edith Bogue was only planted last summer, but it is producing blooms now. The first time an evergreen Magnolia has flowered for me after it's first winter in the ground.


I'm not sure if that's a flower starting on the Echinocereus, I'll know in a few weeks.










Indigofera has the fine textured foliage of Albizia but in a shrub form. The flowers opened this week while I was at the cottage.









My newest addition to the garden is this incredible orange, Echinacea Tiki Torch.






This is one of may favourite plants because it is so unusual. Ephedera is a prehistoric evergreen.




1 comment:

  1. I think it is funny seeing it everyday make such a big difference. They same thigs happens to me if I am gone a week or longer. Nice 'Tiki Torch'.

    Jake

    ReplyDelete